We facilitate and enhance research in bioinformatics and biological statistics by fostering interactions and communication among the faculty, outside laboratories, granting agencies, and companies.
The Laurence H. Baker Center
engages in research to:
- develop computational, graphical, statistical, mathematical, algorithmic, and systems methods to interpret or mine information from biological data
- apply quantitative approaches in biology
- bridge separate experimental biology areas with creative and innovative computational approaches
- impact biology by incorporating more quantitative studies
- bring new technologies to the interface between biology and the quantitative sciences
The Center's research excellence is demonstrated strongly by members' grant successes. Grant funding for Center Members continues to Increase at an all-time high rate.
|| Now Available New Computer Clusters to Support Members' Computational Needs, with High Priority Given to Next Generation Sequencing Projects and Molecular Dynamics
further information ...
New groups organized to ENGAGE with your colleagues in
New Focus Groups Spanning Biology through Computations
group leaders - Pat Schnable and James Reecy
- Omics & Environment
group leaders - Anne Bronikowski and Greg Phillips
- Bridging between molecular structures and cell structure
group leaders - Robert Jernigan and Diane Bassham
Report from BCB Faculty Forum, April 2012
|| Announcing - a new seed grant for Biocatalysis Nano-Machines
The Baker Center for Bioinformatics and Biological Statistics has teamed up with the Center for Metabolic Biology to develop a new seed grant program.
One award with a 3-year budget of approximately $92,000 will provide seed support for one new project focusing on the computational modeling and experimental validation for harnessing the power of protein complexes as nano-scale machines.
There are significant unexplored opportunities from integrating the rapidly growing bodies of knowledge and methods.
See the attached announcement for the full details: Biocatalysis Nanomachines Initiative and PSI Grant FY13 Budget Template .